Declaration of Covenants for Willow Ridge
Architectural Approval Request Form
The Willow Ridge covenants run with the land, so even if you are not an original owner of the property, they still apply. The builder, Kettler Brothers, transferred responsibility for the covenants to the Willow Ridge Civic Association, and the WRCA maintains an architectural control committee who reviews architectural requests.
The main purpose of the covenants is to protect the value of Willow Ridge homes by maintaining some standards and uniformity. Residents are encouraged to improve their homes, and the committee carefully considers the merits of each request.
The review process is simple and can usually be accomplished quite quickly.
- Before you make changes to the exterior of your home, fill out an architectural approval request form, including as much detail as possible (i.e., drawings, diagrams, and sample colors)
- Drop it off at 12515 Carrington Hill Drive in the tube marked WRCA attached to the mailbox post.
Fill out an approval form for any exterior changes, including:
• Additions to your home, including decks and screened porches
• Changes to exterior trim colors, shutters, siding, storm doors, roofs
• Storage sheds
• Swimming pools
Note that you only need changes approved. For example, if you are replacing an existing fence with an identical fence, you do not need approval. Residents are responsible for getting proper building permits from the county for additions, fences, sheds, etc.
The covenants also restrict residents from a number of things, notably:
• No storage of boats, trailers, or campers (unless completely garaged or screened in an approved manner)
• No commercial vehicles parked overnight
The application process described above for exterior changes also applies to obtaining approval for screening of a boat or trailer.
WRCA appreciates everyone’s cooperation. Please understand that the members of the committee are your neighbors. The covenants exist to protect our investments and maintain the beauty of our community. If you have any questions about the covenants or the process, please contact the, chair of the committee. If you are interested in volunteering for the architectural committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.